EnsoMOSAIC aerial mapping system - components
Flight planningEnsoMOSAIC tools for flight planning consist of a spread sheet for numerical planning and a set of tools for Quantum GIS or ArcGIS 10.x for graphical flight planning of manned surveys. The spread sheet is used for comparing flight alternatives and the ESRI / QGIS tools for creating the flight lines. Additionally, EnsoMOSAIC flight planning contains tools for map indexing, e.g. dividing large orthomosaics into manageable tiles.
SensorsOne or several cameras can be connected to EnsoMOSAIC system, e.g. these sensors:
- Hyperspectral camera, Rikola HS camera
- Medium format SLR RGB camera, e.g. Nikon, Canon or Phase One
- Modified CIR camera, EnsoMOSAIC CIR
- Thermal camera, e.g. FLIR
Camera podEnsoMOSAIC pod holds either two cameras or one camera and an optional sensor. Mounts to either left wing or right wing or both. The cameras can look vertically down or oblique sideways, forward or backward. Camera pod can be delivered also separately.
- For Cessna 172, 182, 206, GA8 and similar models
- Interchangeable between different aircraft
- Fitting takes 10 – 20 minutes
- Adjustable in roll, pitch and yaw
- GNSS and battery compartment
- Wireless or cable control
- payload 10 kg
- Diameter 230mm, Length 760mm
- Certified by Transport Canada
EnsoMOSAIC flight control: GNSS, IMU and camera controlEnsoMOSAIC flight electronics are core part of EnsoMOSAIC survey system. Accuracy of the system output is defined by selection of GNSS and IMU. Typical installation with Novatel GNSS with Terrastar correction + Vectornav IMU has positional accuracy of 10 cm without Ground Control.
EnsoMOSAIC flight management and camera control electronics are available in three different versions:
- A. Complete stand alone system connected into aircraft power supply: dimensions 17 cm * 36 cm * 47 cm, Weight 8 kg.
- B. Complete stand alone system with internal power supply Power: dimensions 14 cm * 29 cm * 34 cm, Weight 6 kg.
- C. Core components without power supply, GNSS and power supply according to MosaicMill instructions, dimensions 11 cm * 7cm * 3 cm, Weight 0,3 kg.
A system operator can choose a combination of tools that best suits his application from the following list (link):