MosaicMill aerial survey system - components
Flight planningFlight line generation software for PC calculates start, end, lead in and lead out coordinates using polygons or lines from Google Earth. The lines and routing are exported to the pilot guidance unit.
Pilot guidancePilot tools import flight lines from planning and supports pilot in controlling the aircraft on flight lines. Also ATC and airspace restrictions are displayed.
Camera podCamera pod holds one or two cameras and an optional thermal sensor. The cameras can look vertically down or oblique sideways, forward or backward.
- For Cessna 172, 182, 206 and similar models
- Interchangeable between different aircraft
- Adjustable in roll, pitch and yaw
- Two camera compartments
- GNSS and battery compartment
- Diameter 230mm, Length 760mm
- Certified by Transport Canada and the FAA
SensorsOne to three cameras can be installed into the camera pod, e.g. these ones:
- Medium format SLR RGB cameras, from Nikon, Sony, Phase One or others
- Modified CIR (multispectral) camera
- Thermal camera, e.g. FLIR
Flight control: Wireless cabin and pod units
Cabin unit runs on Android device and has blutooth communication with the pod unit. It triggers the camera(s) by time, speed or distance, and receives confirmation of image acquired. Flight log and image position data are stored.
Trigger hardware is located in the pod central compartment, with rechargeable internal battery and trigger connection(s) to the camera(s). Trigger status is transmitted to the cabin via bluetooth.
The aerial survey system components and options are described in the list of survey system components.